Fashion Design Workshop: Pattern Cutting
Pattern Cutting course
This course is designed to give you a grounding in how to produce a fully formed garment using all the facilities and expertise of the prestigious fashion department at Kingston University.
10th July 2017 – 20th July 2017
This is an 8-day course - Monday - Thursday over two weeks.
For this course, you will be instructed on the rudiments of pattern cutting from measuring to the detailing and manufacture of garments.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
· improve knowledge of industrial sewing machines and over-lockers.
· improve knowledge of industrial pressing systems.
· improve knowledge and use of block patterns in order to draft your own garment patterns.
· improve understanding of body measurements and how to use them during the pattern cutting process.
· improve knowledge of essential construction details such as seams, darts, facings and garment openings.
· explore inventive use of pleats and gathers to develop shape.
· improve knowledge of and experiment with collars, pockets and other functioning details
· explore various opening possibilities such as zips buttons and ties.
· improve understanding of the toile making process to better develop 3D garment design.
· draught a master pattern of a basic shape
· develop the design and add construction details
· make a selection of toiles and sections of prototype garments
· produce a working file, detailing experiments completed during module
Accommodation is not included in the fees. The course is non-residential but accommodation can be provided at our Halls of Residence by logging onto www.universityrooms.co.uk. When you have selected the dates you want please enter the promotional code SCUSS2017.
Please note that fees will not be refunded unless written notice of withdrawal is received at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the event. Kingston University reserve the right to alter the venue, and/or the programme at any time and without prior notice, and also reserves the right to cancel an event, in which case all fees will be refunded. Kingston University will not be responsible for any expenses incurred.
- Online Store